Starting a yoga program is easier than it sounds. Once enough people are ready to participate, find the right-sized space for the lessons and practice to take place, and gather the tools needed to get started. Most yoga mats can be found at your local Wal-Mart or online stores, and videos and books can be found online at major bookstores and libraries.
1. Walton SM, Conrad KM, Furner SE, Samo DG. Cause, type, and workers' compensation costs of injury to fire fighters, 2003.
2. Reichard AA, Jackson LL. Occupational injuries among emergency responders. American Journal of Industrial Medicine 53(1):1-11, 2010.
5. Cowen VS. Functional fitness improvements after a worksite-based yoga intervention. Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapies 14:50-54, 2010.
6. Well Being.
7. Teshima K, Imamura H, Yoshimura Y, et al. Highly competitive male and female karate players. Journal of Physiological Anthropology and Applied Human Science 21:205-211, 2002.
8. Greenfield P. Ten Best Poses.