- Barthell EN, Cordell WH, Moorhead JC, Handler J, et al. The frontlines of medicine project: A proposal for the standardized communication of emergency department data for public health uses including syndromic surveillance for biological and chemical terrorism. Annals Emerg Med 39:422-9, 2002.
- Broome C, Horton H, Tress D, Lucido SJ, Koo D. Statutory basis for public health reporting beyond specific diseases. J Urban Health 80(s):i14-i22, 2003.
- Mandl KD, Overhage JM, Wagner MM, et al. Implementing syndromic surveillance: A practical guide informed by early experience. J Am Med Inform Assoc 11:141-50, 2004.
- Mostashari F, Hartman J. Syndromic surveillance: A local perspective. J Urban Health 80(s):i1-i7, 2003.
- Pavlin JA, Mostashari F, Kortepter MG, Hynes NA, et al. Innovative surveillance methods for rapid detection of disease outbreaks and bioterrorism: Results of an interagency workshop on health indicator surveillance. Am J Public Health 93:1,230-35, 2003.
- Teich JM, Wagner MM, Mackenzie CF, et al. The informatics response in disaster, terrorism, and war. J Am Med Inform Assoc 9:97-104, 2002.
- Wagner MM, Tsui FC, Espino JU, Dato VM, et al. The emerging science of very early detection of disease outbreaks. J Public Health Management Practice 7:51-59, 2001.