National Association of State EMS Officials
201 Park Washington Court
Falls Church, VA 22046-4527
Vision: A seamless nationwide network of coordinated and accountable state, regional and local EMS and emergency care systems. The systems use public health principles, data and evidence as a basis for safe and effective care in day-to-day operations as well as during catastrophic events.
Mission: NASEMSO supports its members in developing EMS policy and oversight, as well as in providing vision, leadership and resources in the development and improvement of state, regional and local EMS and emergency care systems.
- To promote the orderly development of coordinated EMS systems across the nation.
- To promote uniformly high quality care of acutely ill and injured patients.
- To provide a forum for the exchange of information and the discussion of common concerns among state EMS officials.
- To facilitate interstate cooperation in such areas as patient transfer, communications and reciprocity of EMS personnel.
- To disseminate pertinent information to our membership and others.
- To maintain ongoing and effective liaison with state and national governments, professional organizations, and other appropriate public and private entities.
- To improve the quality and efficiency of state EMS program administration.
- To enhance the professional knowledge, skill and abilities of state EMS officials and staff.
- To encourage research and evaluation in all areas of EMS.
- To serve as a permanent national advocacy group for EMS.
The guidelines were created as a resource to be used or adapted for use on a state, regional or local level to enhance patient care. ...Continue ReadingPress Release