UNION TOWNSHIP --
Seven people were injured in a fireworks accident in Union Township on Friday night.
The incident happened in the 4400 block of Sheppard Road just after 9:30 p.m. Officials said a spark or ember fell into a bag of unused fireworks, which exploded at ground level.
"I just heard a loud -- boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom all at once, like someone let off a lot of fireworks at one time," neighbor Sherry Fair said.
A woman burned over half her body and a 2-year-old child were transported to local hospitals. Both are expected to recover.
Five others were treated at the scene for minor injuries.
No names or conditions have been released.
The incident is still under investigation and charges could be filed soon.