A Bridgewater firefighter suffered serious burns while he attempted to extinguish a grease fire.
The unidentified firefighter responded to 60 Sarah Drive at approximately 1:39 p.m. for a grease fire caused by several residents frying a turkey outside, according to The Enterprise.
He sustained serious burns to his face, arm and neck area and was flown to a hospital in Boston.
His condition was unknown.
Bridgewater Fire Chief George W. Rogers planned to meet the firefighter's parents and escort them to the hospital.
No other firefighters were injured battling the blaze.