Fort Atkinson, WI (October 8, 2012) -- The National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians (NAEMT) and EMS World, in conjunction with the National EMS Management Association (NEMSMA) and the National Association of EMS Educators (NAEMSE), established the National EMS Awards of Excellence program to recognize outstanding achievement in the EMS profession.
We are pleased to announce the recipients of this year's awards.
- NAEMT Paramedic of the Year sponsored by Nasco: Kenneth Davenport, Paramedic, Marion, KY
- NAEMT EMT of the Year sponsored by Braun Industries: Dean Darling, EMT-I, Sauk City, WI
- Dick Ferneau Paid EMS Service of the Year sponsored by Ferno: New Orleans EMS, New Orleans, LA
- Volunteer EMS Service of the Year sponsored by Impact Instrumentation: Friendswood Volunteer Fire Department EMS, Friendswood, TX
- National EMS Management Association EMS Executive of the Year sponsored by EMS World: Tim Hearn, Executive Director, Fort Smith Emergency Medical Services, Fort Smith, AR
Award recipients will receive a $1,000 check, three core program registrations, plus $1,000 for travel and lodging at the EMS World Expo/NAEMT Annual Meeting in New Orleans, LA, October 30–November 2, and will be recognized at the opening ceremony and at the corresponding association meeting. For more information on EMS World Expo, visit EMSWorldExpo.com.
The nomination period for the 2013 National EMS Awards will open in February 2013. For more information, visit EMSWorld.com