N.H. Man Shocked Clearing Branch From Power Lines
Nov. 13--ROCHESTER -- An East Rochester man was shocked by electricity Monday morning after climbing a telephone pole to remove a branch on the power lines next to his home.
The man, a resident of Periwinkle Drive, fell 25 to 30 feet after the shock around 11:30 a.m., said Fire Lt. Ken Chick. He was flown by helicopter to Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, and so far it's unclear whether his injuries are considered life-threatening.
"I just know he was burned, I don't know how bad," said Chick.
He said the injured man was conscious when the Fire Department arrived at the scene.
An ambulance from Frisbie Memorial Hospital transported the man to Skyhaven Airport. From there, he was flown to the Boston hospital by DHART helicopter to be treated.
The tree branch on the wires had not caused any power outage, and Public Service of New Hampshire was called to the scene to remove the branch after the incident.
Chick reminded residents to call their power provider if they see a branch on the power lines, and to never touch the lines themselves.
Copyright 2012 - Foster's Daily Democrat, Dover, N.H.