Ammonia Leak in Md. Forces Evacuation of 200
Dec. 02--About 200 people were forced out of an Annapolis Junction food production facility after it was determined that ammonia was leaking from a refrigeration unit, Howard County emergency officials said.
Firefighters from Howard and Anne Arundel counties, as well as Fort Meade, were called to the Taylor Farms Foodservice building in the 9000 block of Junction Dr. at about 9:40 a.m. Saturday, where they were able to stop the leak, according to Howard County fire spokesman Adam Nolder. Three employees of the company were evaluated by paramedics but refused further treatment.
Crews remained on scene to ventilate the building and monitor the air inside, Nolder said.
Copyright 2012 - The Baltimore Sun