Chicago Firefighters Overcome by Fumes

Five Chicago firefighters and a civilian were hospitalized Monday after they suffered respiratory problems from chemical fumes.

The fire, believed to have started in a furnance, was extinguished. But, when firefighters opened windows to ventilate, they found chemicals in a bathtub, according to CBS Chicago.

All were taken to hospitals for treatment.

Another firefighter was hospitalized after hurting his hip during the fire, the station reported.

Loading