UK Medic Rescues Woman from Blazing Bungalow
A paramedic has been hailed a hero after helping rescue a woman from a burning Birmingham bungalow.
Danielle Prosser, aged 25, had been called out to Sunderton Road, in Kings Heath, on Saturday after reports of someone having a cardiac arrest.
But she discovered smoke inside the fire-hit property, where a woman in her 50s was unconscious and suffering burns.
She said: "I wasn't told anything (about a fire) so to walk in and see a lady burnt and struggling for life was a shock. I knew I needed to intervene, but I knew I needed to get her out first."
Danielle dragged the woman to safety with the help of her husband, who had also been burned. The paramedic then began medical treatment until ambulance and fire service colleagues arrived moments later.
"I just acted on instinct," said modest Danielle, from Solihull.
The woman was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital with serious burns. Her husband had burns to his hands and was suffering from smoke inhalation. James Williams, the Paramedic Area Support Officer who attended the incident, said: "We are very proud of Danielle, risking her own life to save others."
Copyright 2013 Midland Independent Newspapers plcAll Rights Reserved