September 30, 2011
FAIRMONT, WV–Designed to specifications requested by U.S. Special Forces, the Combat IV Pro Set, from WV IV Pro, Inc., is ideal for the battlefield or civilian emergency medical settings.
WV IV Pro, Inc. is a woman-owned, small business that was established November 2004. WV IV Pro, Inc. has created three IV securement devices designed to protect the IV site from needle dislodgement and bacteria build-up.
IV Pro is a protector securement device. The dome is made of medically approved plastic that has condensation holes that allows air to the site so that there is no moisture build-up that might cause bacteria. A grommet allows the plastic dome to snap on the IV line, therefore the catheter cannot be dislodged and also protects the health care workers from infectious diseases. There are three different styles: Combat IV Pro Set, which is designed for the military and appears in several military kits; IV Pro/Tape; and IV Pro/Strap, which is the private sector version of the Combat IV Pro Set and IV Pro/Tape.
The Combat IV Pro Set is especially designed for the military. It mobilizes the IV site when in transit. This is perfect for combat conditions and can be used in hospitals Great for long-term patients or for people with sensitive skin. Due to the sandy conditions overseas, we designed Combat IV Pro Set with elastic straps and Velcro ends which are attached to the dome. The strap secures the site, won’t slip or slide and can be adjusted to fit the patients needs. Sand tends to stick to tape, with the straps we don’t have this problem. The set comes with two extra securement straps that can be used anywhere on the body or can be used to secure splints etc.
WV IV Pro, Inc. is the only company to feature both tape and tapeless protector securement devices.
- Sand does not stick to straps
- Two extra straps for use on any part of the body
- This item is a protector, which actually protects the site, not just a dressing
- Interface grommet keeps the site secured and inhibits accidental dislocation
- Ventilation holes that can prevent possible bacteria
- Does not stick to gloves
- No expiration date
- Weights one ounce
- Can withstand 360 degrees and can stand up to 6 lbs of weight
- Can be reused several times on same patient, as long as it doesn’t come in contact with blood
- Extra securement straps can be used for different purposes, and will extend the main strap/dome
- No sticky tape
- Clear Dome presents easy observation of the needle, impossible when covered by a dressing
- Will prevent tape build-up on medical simulators
- For training, can be reused several times
- Latex free
FOR MILITARY & GOVERNMENT PRICING AND ORDERING, PLEASE CONTACT:
American Medical Depot
4380 NW 135th St.
Opa Locka, FL 33054
Tel 305/364-0888 Ext. 6789
FOR PRIVATE SECTOR PRICING AND ORDERING, PLEASE CONTACT:
WV IV Pro, Inc.
Dorothy Peaytt – Owner
120 Mound Ave.
Fairmont, WV 26554-3309