February 15, 2012
MELBOURNE, FL/BOSTON, MA—Harris Corporation, an international communications and information technology company, has announces the immediate availability of Momentum™, a complete communications solution for the growing North American Digital Mobile Radio (DMR) user community. Backed by Harris' expertise and decades of critical communications experience, Momentum is an affordable, scalable digital solution that offers feature-rich functionality over an open technology platform. This new family of Harris radios allows public safety, public service, municipal, utility and transportation agencies to meet the FCC’s narrowbanding deadline.
"Momentum significantly extends the Harris portfolio of reliable communications solutions to an expanding community of users," said Steve Marschilok, president Harris Public Safety and Professional Communications. "Momentum delivers what public agencies and private organizations require—an affordable, user-friendly and resource-efficient DMR-based voice and data solution, backed by Harris, a recognized global leader in mission critical communications."
The Harris Momentum solution fully complies with DMR standards and leverages proven digital technology to provide cost-effective, highly-reliable communications. With Momentum, the DMR users will experience:
- Powerful standards-based TDMA products that are compatible with DMR Tier II (conventional) and Tier III (trunked) compliant systems
- IP connectivity to create cost-effective wide area networks
- Integrated GPS for fleet management applications and solutions
- Combination of high-performance specifications and features with an intuitive, user-centric interface in a lightweight, durable package
- Products that meet industry and military standards to provide dependable connections under challenging conditions
Available from the North American Harris dealer network, the Momentum line includes the following DMR standards-based, digital communications products:
- HDP150—Digital Portable Two-Way Radio: Featuring a large, full-color liquid crystal display, full system keypad and user-defined softkeys, the HDP150 portable radio is simple to operate and offers a cellphone-like user experience.
- HDM150—Digital Mobile Two-Way Radio: Designed with a large, full-color thin film transistor liquid crystal display, the HDM150 mobile radio also features a large multifunction volume and channel selector knob with a robust internal speaker or optional external speaker for use in high noise environments. When configured with an optional desktop microphone and power supply, the HDM150 can operate as a desktop control station.
- HDP100—Digital Portable Two-Way Radio: The lightweight portable voice radio offers efficient real-time communication and staff management.
- HDR100—Repeater: The HDR100 detects whether the signal received is analog or digital and transmits in the appropriate mode, providing an ideal solution for users transitioning from analog to digital operation. The HDR100 protects the user's investment by assuring compatibility with current analog systems and allows future migration to DMR systems.
In public safety and professional communications Harris is a leading supplier of assured communications® systems and equipment for public safety, federal, utility, commercial and transportation markets—with products ranging from the most advanced IP voice and data networks, to next-generation, secure public safety-grade LTE (Long-Term Evolution) solutions for voice, video and data applications, to industry leading multiband, multimode radios. Harris has more than 80 years of experience in public safety and professional communications and supports over 500 systems around the world.