AEDs save lives, but still often not available when sudden cardiac arrest occurs
Because AEDs are often not available when sudden cardiac arrest occurs, only about 8 percent of 300,000 victims are saved each year, according to a study published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Many more can be saved by making AEDs more available. When victims receive defibrillating shocks within the first minute after sudden cardiac arrest, about 90 percent survive, according to the Sudden Cardiac Arrest Association. The chances of survival decrease by 7 to 10 percent with each passing minute. After 10 minutes, less than 5 percent of victims survive.
Defibtech relentlessly pursues one goal: making the best AEDs in the world at affordable prices. Defibtech designs and manufactures defibrillators, which include the Lifeline™ and ReviveR™ families of AEDs. Defibtech’s products are sold through its network of distribution partners in the United States and around the world. Defibtech is headquartered in Guilford, Conn. All Defibtech AEDs are manufactured in the United States in state-of-the-art ISO 13485:2003 certified facilities. For more information about Defibtech and its products, visit www.defibtech.com or call 203/453-4507.