Misdiagnosed and mistreated illnesses/injuries are the fifth leading cause of death in the United States, with over 1.5 million serious injuries occurring each year due to medication mistakes and prescription errors. The result of medical record and medication errors is over $21 billion in extra cost per year.
EMS personnel know in an emergency situation, access to an individual’s medical records could mean the difference between life and death. The Lifesaver App® provides an easy method for an individual to access encrypted personal medical records instantly through a secure website, utilizing a personalized PIN number on your emergency medical identification card (EMID).
The EMID also incorporates a Microsoft Tag (a 2-dimensional bar code) printed on the EMID cards that allow emergency responders to scan the card with any smart phone and the emergency medical information will be immediately sent to the phone. This allows rapid access for all EMS responders to critical emergency medical information to start critically needed treatment in-route to the emergency room.
Lifesaver App®, LLC is a Managed Health Records™ company that helps assemble, organize and archive medical history records and other important personal information. LifeSaver App stores this critical medical information, in encrypted secure XML and HL7 format.
LifeSaver App Benefits:
- Instant 24/7 Internet access through computer or smart phone … saving time, cost & lives!
- Provides a comprehensive medical report, familiar and easily understood by emergency personnel.
- Maintains the data in an secure encrypted file.
- Important documents like EKG, x-rays, stored in PDF format.
- Saves on healthcare costs by reducing duplication of tests and medical errors.
- Reduces medical and paperwork errors