October 11, 2012
MELVILLE, NY—Verint® Systems Inc. today announced that Central Minnesota Emergency Services Board, the emergency service board for 19 central Minnesota counties and the City of St. Cloud, will implement its Audiolog™ for Public Safety solution to support the region’s emergency response system.
Verint’s Audiolog for Public Safety serves as an advanced, digital multimedia recording, retrieval and quality assurance solution designed to enhance the performance of emergency response, public safety and control room operations. The solution, which Central Minnesota Emergency Services Board purchased in April 2012, is comprised of two redundant trunked recorders using the Motorola Astro 7.9 platform and local recorders. This structure will enable each city and county to combine administrative and position recordings with access to the shared Motorola radio system. In addition to gaining the ability to better capture new data points, Audiolog for Public Safety will help the groups that make up the Central Minnesota Emergency Services Board evaluate call taker/dispatcher performance for quality assurance and develop customized training.
“With Audiolog for Public Safety, we will be able to evaluate captured interactions by using a wide choice of criteria, including date and time to caller ID, call taker name and radio ID, among others,” says Micah Myers, regional advisory committee chair, Central Minnesota Emergency Services Board. “We selected the Verint solution because it’s simple to deploy and use. Another key selection factor was its superior security and reliability, which are crucial to effectively serving the communities and residents in our region, and its ability to support our first responder agencies during both emergency and non-emergency situations.”
Verint Audiolog for Public Safety enables emergency dispatch facilities, 9-1-1 centers, public safety answering points (PSAPs) and other public safety organizations to:
- Rapidly deploy an advanced, digital multimedia recording retrieval and quality assurance solution to enhance the performance of emergency response, public safety and control room operations with superior security, reliability and scalability.
- Comply with best practices and government mandates on call handling evaluation and reporting, including those arising from Next-Generation 9-1-1.
- Capture audio, video, text, telematics, maps and other data across a range of communications channels for improved performance, incident reconstruction, liability management and more.
- Evaluate call taker/dispatcher performance for quality purposes.
- Develop customized training materials for each environment.
Verint solutions for public safety enable emergency services, government institutions, airports and seaports, and other organizations to capture, analyze and act quickly on large amounts of information from a variety of systems and sources.
In the public safety market, Verint also offers its Impact 360® for Public Safety suite of workforce optimization solutions. The software combines multimedia recording, search, playback and storage with functionality for quality assurance, incident investigation and analysis, speech analytics, workload forecasting, staff scheduling, employee coaching and training, and citizen surveys to help agencies and PSAPs enhance performance, minimize liability and meet new challenges arising from NG9-1-1.