New FAAC EMS Simulator is Feature-Rich With Entry-Level Price
High fidelity and low cost have converged in the new EV-1000 EMS driver training simulator, recently launched as the newest product in FAAC Incorporated’s public safety simulator lineup.
The EV-1000 is a sleek, cost-effective simulator laden with the latest technology and features/functions requested by experts in the field—and it is the most competitively priced simulator in the industry.
“Due to recent technological advances and FAAC’s desire to bring the highest fidelity at the lowest price, we are pleased to be able to produce this incredibly powerful training tool for the EMS field,” said David Bouwkamp, Executive Director of Business Development. “When you compare the cost of this simulator with its capabilities, it is very clear there is nothing like it in the industry. It is an advanced training system at an entry-level price.”
The EV-1000 is feature-rich, with advancements to its physical architecture, instructor convenience, build time, a bonafide pedigree in the emergency response community, ergonomic improvements, and a full range of training scenarios.
“This is a mature product from a company that is a mainstay in the marketplace and knows how to innovate,” Bouwkamp said. “We have gathered advice from industry experts, focused on maximizing training dollars, and developed a simulator with a return on investment of less than one year.”
The EV-1000 includes:
- Three large LED screens that retain a 225-degree horizontal field-of-view
- All-in-one instructor console manageable with Apple I-products, such as I-pad, I-pod, and Iphone
- Streamlined physical footprint
- Familiar dashboard cab models
- Open-style cockpit for accessible entry and exit
- Scientifically tested vehicle dynamics
- Mobile Data Terminal that receives live and pre-programmed dispatch information
- Most comprehensive curriculum available, including networked response and supervisory scenarios
“We’re able to celebrate this breakthrough because of the in-house resources that FAAC possesses; it gives us an advantage in product development and quality control,” Bouwkamp said. “We were able to test technology and try different approaches in real time to get the best sense of what would work.”
The willingness to listen to the market and its customers is part of FAAC’s Customer for Life program, which consists of three main areas.
- Specialists Program—small group of highly skilled simulator training pioneers whose mission is to educate others on the power of simulator training and determine future issues and trends in the market.
- Customer Experience—create events for customers and others to share knowledge of simulator training, including an annual user conference.
- Support Program—proactive department whose primary mission is to maximize your uptime.
With all of these attributes, FAAC delivers the best driver training simulator solution available and the best value for successful training programs.