The XCollar Plus
The XCollar Plus is designed to splint the Cervical Spine by securing the head to the torso of the patient above C-1 and below C-7; on two points anterior and two points posterior. This splinting system utilizes bi-lateral and vertical adjustments to obtain a customized fit for both the desired circumference and height of large adult and small pediatric patients; working to increase patient safety by minimizing potential Cervical Spinal distraction and injury.
An important feature of the XCollar Plus is the Integrated Head Restraint System (HRS). Each XCollar Plus is equipped with one HRS consisting of an integrated set of Velcro straps which are used with the XCollar Plus to secure the patient to the backboard; minimizing lateral and vertical movement. The HRS also includes a height-adjustable Occipital Support Pad to ensure proper patient spinal alignment.
- Capable of customizing to fit patient body types ranging from pediatric (approx. 22 lbs) to extra-large adult (approx. 360+ lbs).
- Splints the cervical spine in the “Position of Comfort”, or Position Found.
- The adjustable, integrated Head Restraint System (HRS) eliminates the need for head blocks, towels, and tape, while minimizing vertical and lateral patient movement during transport.
- Occipital Support Pad is adjustable in ½-inch increments for up to 2 inches.
- Oversized trachea opening allows for carotid pulse checks, advanced airway procedures, and easy visual assessment.
- Latex-free materials are radiolucent, MRI and CT scan compatible.
- Available in Clear, High-Visibility Orange, and Military Green.
- Free Online Training Center—www.training.xcollar.com
- Now used in over 42 countries worldwide.