ResQPOD Impedance Threshold Device
The ResQPOD is an impedance threshold device (ITD) that provides perfusion on demand (POD) by regulating pressures in the thorax during states of hypotension.
Animal and clinical studies have shown that during CPR, the ResQPOD:
- Doubles blood flow to the heart.
- Increases blood flow to the brain by 50%.
- Doubles systolic blood pressure.
- Increases survival rates.
- Increases the likelihood of successful defibrillation.
- Provides benefit in all arrest rhythms.
- Circulates drugs more effectively.
The ResQPOD is easy to use. It provides a unique way to increase circulation during CPR by refilling the heart after each chest compression. In addition, timing assist lights on the ResQPOD provide guidance on the proper compression and ventilation rates.