ViaValve Safety I.V. Catheter
The ViaValve Safety IV Catheter from Smiths Medical provides blood control to help reduce the risk of blood exposure and contamination. A unique valve inside the catheter hub impedes blood flow from the patient's vein upon initial venipuncture. Maintaining a clean access site, helps prevent the transfer of bloodborne pathogens from patient to caregiver on soiled gloves, clothing, bedding and dressings. The catheter, once in the patient's vein, is activated by attaching the Luer fitting of an infusion line which opens the valve to allow unrestricted flow.
The ViaValve Safety IV Catheter also helps prevent unintended needlesticks. Its safety guard surrounds the retracted introducer needle and produces a "click" to indicate that the needle is contained for handling and disposal.
- Ocrilon polyurethane catheter softens and becomes more pliable, allowing longer in-dwell
- Introducer promotes one-handed insertion and threading
- Catheter's ribbed hub facilitates catheter securement
- FLASH-VUE early flash indicator reveals when the needle tip enters a vein, featured on gauges 20 to 24
- V-point needle helps maximize patient comfort with low penetration force