EMS World Turns 45, Welcomes New Program Director
Forty-five years ago, the first copy of this journal rolled off the press. It was called simply Emergency Medical Services Magazine. Its launch coincided with the immensely popular TV show Emergency!
In 2010 Emergency Medical Services Magazine became EMS World, a brand that has evolved to include EMSWorld.com and EMS World Expo. EMS World continues to mail more printed copies than any other prehospital publication, and EMS World Expo is the largest EMS event in North America.
To celebrate the birth of both EMS World and Emergency!, we asked Randy Mantooth, star of the show and a longtime supporter of prehospital care, to host our 45th anniversary party at EMS World Expo, October 16–20 in Las Vegas.
Randy will also be part of the opening ceremonies and keynote on Wednesday, October 18 (9:30–11 a.m.), where he’ll share his firsthand observations of EMS professionals from over the years, delivered with equal parts humor and genuine admiration for the profession he helped introduce when Emergency! first aired on Saturday nights on NBC.
He’ll be joined in that opening event by Christopher Hunter, MD, PhD, associate medical director for Florida’s Orange County EMS system, who will speak about the 2016 Pulse nightclub shooting, the worst mass shooting in modern U.S. history. Hunter’s presentation will discuss the medical response from the initial moments of the attack to the days that followed, comparing experience to evidence to improve understanding of the approach to an active-shooter/mass-fatality event.
Other highlights of this year’s show include:
- International Roundtable on Community Paramedicine, October 15–17—This event explores a better delivery of healthcare through the utilization of traditional and nontraditional models around the world.
- World Trauma Symposium, October 17—Now in its sixth year, the symposium presents the latest on the care of prehospital trauma patients and explores global trends in trauma care.
- Active-Shooter Demonstrations, October 18–19—Back by popular demand is the 2017 active-shooter mass-casualty Incident demo. Southeast Tactical LLC and local law enforcement team up to give you a crash course in how to mitigate a tactical mass-casualty event.
- International Scientific Symposium, October 18–19—Held in partnership with UCLA’s Prehospital Care Research Forum, the symposium aims to highlight the most important EMS research of the year from across the globe, as well as provide a new venue in which providers can present original peer-reviewed posters and oral abstract sessions.
- Data and Technology Summit, October 19—Attendees will see how data and technological innovations can increase operational efficiencies, maximize revenue and improve the delivery of care.
- Plus the EMS World Clinical Challenge, NAEMSP Medical Direction Overview Course, cadaver and cardiac dissection labs, trauma center tours, EMS and fire ridealongs, the NAEMT annual meeting, ZOLL Shockfest and much, much more.
In addition I would like to introduce our new program director, Hilary Gates, MEd, NRP, who will help guide EMS World and EMS World Expo moving forward. She will oversee the strategic development and management of the educational program for the annual gathering and additional year-round offerings.
Gates, who began her career as a volunteer with Maryland’s Bethesda-Chevy Chase Rescue Squad, is a paramedic in Alexandria, Va. She is a freelance writer and an adjunct instructor for the School of Education at American University. Gates possesses significant experience in quality management and training; she is also a recognized speaker in the field, delivering presentations at a range of conferences each year.
“I am very pleased to be joining this incredible team,” Gates says. “I was attracted to the energy and rapid growth taking place at EMS World. The event brings together my community—thousands of professionals from throughout the global EMS arena—and provides one of the best platforms through which to educate and introduce the latest innovations in the field. I look forward to putting my knowledge and experience to work to help shape and develop a relevant and robust educational program that will help my peers enhance their skills and careers, and ultimately improve emergency medicine and the quality of care we provide.”
We couldn’t be more excited to have someone of Hilary’s caliber join the team. She brings energy and excitement to the position. Her versatile background will make for an easy transition into this role, and her real-world clinical experience, coupled with her writing and teaching background, creates a rare combination that makes her a perfect fit to take EMS World to the next level.
“We are thrilled about the addition of Hilary to the EMS World team,” says Matt Zavadsky, MS-HSA, EMT, an EMS World advisory board member, president-elect of the National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians (NAEMT) and chief strategic integration officer for Texas’ MedStar Mobile Healthcare. “Her diverse background provides her the expertise to help the EMS profession keep its strong roots in excellent patient care, while exploring and educating our professionals on the new roles for EMS in our nation’s transforming healthcare system.”
EMS World Expo was recently named one of the “Fastest 50” growing trade shows by Trade Show Executive Magazine. The 29th conference and trade show will take place October 16–20 in Las Vegas, with more than 5,500 professionals slated to participate. For more information on this can’t-miss event and how you can register to attend, visit www.emsworldexpo.com.
The writer has made an astounding article. It takes after this the whole lot considered noticed validation which you cannot fight with the truth of the problem isn't wide, the entirety has its remarkable case. A commitment of appreciation is all together for this records.
- Comment Info Source By Homework Service.