EMS World Top Innovation Award Submission
Introducing AEGIS! The only multi-patient transport device which safely transports mother and newborn together skin to skin is unlike anything else on the market. AEGIS is utilized to transport newborn, pre-term, and sick babies 4 -14 lbs (1.8 - 6.3 kg). The patented innovative award-winning disposable harness system, new to the market, is the solution for safe multi-patient transport and intra-facility transfer to minimize the risk of injury, hypothermia, and decrease stress in both mother and baby. AEGIS provides close proximity for transport team to assess and continually monitor mother and newborn. AEGIS, a FDA General Wellness Device, tested at CALSPAN for frontal, rear, and side impact. AEGIS allows for ALL passengers to be securely restrained during ground ambulance transport.
- Transport mother and newborn together skin to skin to release oxytocin and decrease cortisol.
- Skin to skin helps create newborn microbiome, stabilize blood sugar, heart rate and respiratory rate. It also facilitates successful breastfeeding, thermoregulation, brain development, and physiological homeostasis.
- Positions baby exactly as recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics for safe skin to skin.
- Suitable for newborns and early infants 4 to 14 lbs (1.8-6.3 kg).
- Neonates's face is visible, easy to monitor.
- Easily attach pulse oximeter to monitor neonate.
- Transport neonate with retained placenta.
- Nanoguard supports neonates's head and neck.
- Transport two patients utilizing one ambulance and transport team.
- Preparation for natural events and disasters.
- Continued care from pre-hospital to hospital setting.
- Supports neonate's limbs close to the torso in a frog-legged natural anatomical/in utero position.
- 4-way stretch material harnesses entire neonate's body and absorbs energy from impact.
- Quick access 60 lb tested zipper with two sets of eye hook closures for added security.
- Allows tubes/lines to pass through easily.
- X-STATIC Silver provides AEGIS with antimicrobial properties for protection from MRSA and other HAIs.
- X-STATIC Silver thermoregulatory properties helps reduce the risk of hypothermia and helps maintain neonate's body temperature while skin to skin with mother.
- Moms chest acts as a support system like a rear-facing carseat to mitigate impact during a frontal collision.
- Compact and easy to store in ambulance unit.
- Single use disposable item reduces the risk of improper cleaning, cross contamination & down time.
- Practical and easy to use.
- The additional maternal restraint extension also used for pregnancy related transports.
AEGIS provides the epitome of wellness, naturalistic, and the proper orientation to the care of babies during transport.
EMS World's Top Innovation Award Program recognizes companies exhibiting at the 2018 EMS World Expo, October 29–November 2 in Nashville, TN. Visit SAPLACOR at Booth 1256.