In this special edition of Word on the Street, host Rob Lawrence passes the microphone over to intensive care paramedic Alex MckEnzie (@paramedic_al) for an exclusive report from PAIC 2015, the Paramedics Australasia International Conference, held October 2–3, 2015, at at the Adelaide Convention Centre, Australia.
Alex's first guest is retrieval paramedic practitioner Dave Tingey (@tingles005) who talks about why ultrasound is increasingly important and relevant in the prehospital environment.
For more on prehospital ultrasound, check out emspocus.com.
Next Alex checked in with the facilitators of the PAIC "Surfing the FOAM" - Free Open Access Medical Education Workshop: Minh Le Cong (@ketaminh); Tim Leeuwenburg (@KangarooBeach); Hayden Drake (@paramedickiwi) and Alan Eade (@alan_eade).
About Paramedics Australasia
Paramedics Australasia (PA) is the peak professional association representing practitioners who provide paramedic services to the community.
PA provides a respected voice in determining how changes in health service provision, legislation and clinical practice are shaped and implemented to enhance the quality of patient care. PA does this by representing the interests of practitioners on matters relating to:
- Health policies that affect the access to and delivery of front-line primary and emergency care;
- The professional standards of education, training, and continuing professional development;
- The funding, service standards, quality and accreditation of emergency service providers;
- The registration of practitioners and the regulatory framework of paramedic practice;
- The fostering of best practice through research into out of hospital and emergency medical care; and
- Enhanced communication and interaction between paramedics and other health and allied health professionals.