The Suction Assisted Laryngoscopy and Airway Decontamination (S.A.L.A.D.) simulator uses suction to enhance first pass success-laryngoscopy (FPS-L) with a non-anesthetized patient in active emesis. Simulates a non-anesthetized patient for practicing intubation, ventilation and suction. Practice oral, digital and nasal intubation, as well as E.T., E.O.A., P.T.L, L.M.A., Combitube® and King System insertion.
- Permits suction techniques and proper cuff inflation with active emesis
- Features anatomy and landmarks including teeth, tongue, oral and nasal pharynx, larynx, epiglottis, arytenoids, false cords, true vocal cords, trachea, esophagus, and cricoid cartilage
- Offers room to maneuver and a slightly anterior position, making the simulator great for introductory classes, as well as advanced students
- Allows application of cricoid pressure to change the position of the trachea and close the esophagus
- Provides rigid suction catheter distracts lower mandible and tongue to permit laryngoscope insertion
- Allows realistic practice of the Sellick maneuver
- Features durable, rugged, 1-piece construction
- Offers manual carotid pulse
Simulator includes “Airway Larry” Adult Airway Management Trainer Head, suction canister with 2 right-angle tubing adapters, gallon container with hand pump, two simulated latex-free lungs, thickener, rigid suction catheter, two 3-ft. lengths of clear vinyl tubing, pump spray lubricant, 5 red caps with white fittings, tubing couplings, 5 pinch clamps, #10 spanner bit, and carrying case with handle. Five-year warranty.